Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baked Glazed Carrots


It has been a few cold and snowy days, but that has not curbed my enthusiasm for eating more veggies every day.  The cold weather does mean that I want most of my food hot so I don't freeze myself more that I already do, so I am discovering more ways to prepare my veggies to make them more appetizing in the winter.  Roasting just about any vegetable in a little oven has become one of my new favorite ways to cook vegetables.  It is so easy and quick.  All you do is cut the vegetable, season it with a bit of oil and spices and then toast in the oven until desired crispiness has been achieved.  Through this experimentation with the little oven, I have found some of my new favorite ways to cook carrots (and get rid my usual overabundance of carrots besides feeding them to my dear basset hound who thinks all carrots are for him)...by putting spices on them and then roasting them in my little oven!  What better way to describe them other than mmmmm, delicious!  And one of the best things, there are so many spices you can flavor them with, you could go on for days with the many spices available.

Baked Glazed Carrots

1/4 pound Carrots (baby or the big ones)

1/8 C. Balsamic Vinegar
1/8 C. Honey

Preheat oven to 350 F

Cut up your carrots in your favorite way...sliced, cubed, roll cut...you decide.  I roll cut mine to get a lot of surface area while still having a chunky carrot.

Cook carrots for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.


While carrots are cooking in the oven, prepare the honey vinegar glaze.  Combine the honey and vinegar and stir until thoroughly mixed.  If you need to, microwave the mixture for 10 seconds to soften the honey.  Set aside.

Once the carrots have cooked, remove from the oven.  Brush the honey vinegar glaze over the carrots ensuring a complete covering of the carrots with the glaze.

Return the carrots to the oven for 3-5 minutes for the glaze to soak into the carrots.


Remove the glazed carrots from the oven, let cool slightly (they are partially covered in sugar) and enjoy!

Inspiration courtesy of: http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2010/09/grilled-glazed-carrots.html

No comments:

Post a Comment