Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad


Cucumbers were on sale the other day, so what did I do, buy far too many to eat by themselves, in sushi, or in a traditional salad, so I was of course forced to find another way to enjoy so many cucumbers.  What better way that with some spices and seasonings!

Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad

1 Cucumber Sliced
1/2 C. Seasoned Rice Vinegar
2 T. Water
1/2 T. Sugar
1/2 T. Soy Sauce
1 t. sesame oil (I used regular cooking oil that I had laying around the kitchen)
1 T. sesame seeds (I did not have any, so obviously I did not use them)
2 Fresh Chili peppers or anything else spicy that you would like to add to the mixture (optional)

In a pie pan, combine Rice Vinegar, Water, Sugar, Soy Sauce, and Sesame Oil.  Mix thoroughly.


In the pie pan, add sliced cucumbers and toss until the cucumbers are thoroughly coated with the mixture.  Add the fresh chili peppers.  Refridgerate for 1 hour to let the spices soak into the cucumbers.  Remove from the refridgerator.  Add the Sesame Seeds and toss to evenly coat.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment