Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli


I was going to start out by saying that sweet potatoes might be one of my favorite foods, but then that would not do justice to watermelon (which is my #1 fav food), popcorn, avocados, or really anything else that I say is one of my favorite foods.  I really think I like most foods...not too picky, I really just love it all, especially when it is on sale at the grocery store...I think that is really determines my new favorite food....hence this time it is sweet potatoes.  While this is an odd combo of food, it is actually very delicious and oh so simple to prepare, so versatile and great for you with a wonderful and well, sweet taste!

Serves 2
Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli

1 C. Broccoli chopped to the size you desire...I made mine bite size
1 medium Sweet Potato
1/4 t. Lemon Pepper
1/4 C. Slivered Almonds
Butter to grease pan


Melt butter in a pan on medium heat.  Once the butter has melted, place the broccoli in the pan.  Cook, stirring occasionally until the broccoli is tender but still retains a crunch.

While the broccoli is cooking, prepare your sweet potato.  Wash, make small slices through the sweet potato and wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper.  Microwave for 5-7 minutes or until tender depending on the size of the potato and the power of your microwave.  (If you have more time to cook your sweet potato, you can of course boil your sweet potato in a pot on your stove, but it will take more than the 5-7 minutes in the microwave.)

Once the sweet potato is cooked, remove, peel, and slice into 1/2 inch cubes.

Once the broccoli is crispy/tender, add the lemon pepper.  Stir to coat thoroughly.


Add the slivered almonds and cubed sweet potatoes.  Stir, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes to combine flavors.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment