Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Zucchini Oat Bread



Let me start off by saying, I would love to hear your comments and feedback!  Let me know what you think of the pictures, directions, layout, etc...Good or bad, I really appreciate what you have to say!

Now, the next few posts will most likely be dedicated to ZUCCHINI!!!!  I went to the farmer's market yesterday after a 10k run and found zucchini on sale.  Do now, I have almost more zucchini on my hands than I know what to do with. But no worries, I have many plans in my mind of what I want to cook and bake!  I was going to hold out on buying zucchini and just wait for it to grow in my garden, but I became too impatient...I don't really think I am meant to be a gardener...I planted some seeds the other day, and at that moment,I was ready for them to sprout...stupid 7 to 10 day germination period.  But hey, that is what the farmers market is for!

makes a good amount of muffins or 2 loaves of bread

Zucchini Oat Bread

  • 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (or wheat flour...sadly I had run out and really had no desire to go to the store for one item...save on gas...and I still have 2 flat bike tires)
  • 1/2 c. quick oats
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1 T. ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 t. ginger
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 c. vegetable oil
  • 1/2 c. applesauce
  • 1 c. white sugar
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 T. vanilla extract
  • 4 C. grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
optional ingredients to add more character or flavor to your bread...pick and choose to your liking!
  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c. raisins or craisins or your favorite dried fruit
  • 1 c. walnuts
  1. Spray two 8x4 inch pans or start spraying muffin pans.  
  2. Preheat oven to 325 F.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
  4. Pour batter into prepared pans or muffin tins.
  5. If you are using the 8x4 inch pans bake for 45-55 minutes...If you use muffin pans bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment