Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Easy Oatmeal Banana Bars



Answer: School got in the way.  Question: Where I have been the last few months?  Have I still been eating?...yes.  Have I been cooking as much?...no  However, what I do cook now tends to be super quick, though I am usually starved by the time it is done that there are not pictures for proof that I made something. And, I usually don't measure what I put into each dish, so it makes it even harder to try to write a recipe for someone  :P

I did manage to make these easy oatmeal banana bars, and actually have a recipe for them (though I tend to not follow it now and just start dumping ingredients into a bowl).

What you will need: (serves 1-2)

1 very ripe banana
1/3 C. Milk of your choosing
2/3 C. Oats
1 egg 
1/4 t. vanilla
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. baking soda
3 T. raisins, dried fruit, coconut, chocolate chips and/or almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined.

Pour into greased muffin pans or small baking pan.  I used a mini spring-form pan to get the round shape

Bake for 10-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Again, here is my lack of actually watching what I do, so just monitor your bars/muffins to make sure they don't burn).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment