Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Cauliflower Crust Pizza


Perhaps one of my many New Year's goals (on top of getting myself into grad school so that I can further my education, and get a better job than that of being a barista at Starbucks) is to continue to try to eat healthier and include more delicious veggies into my diet.  What better way to do it than to add it to one of my favorite foods...Pizza!  It is even tastier and more satisfying after a long run...double whammy...great exercise with some of my favorite music and some healthy eating!

This pizza was absolutely delicious and did not sit heavy on my stomach like a normal (though very delicious) pizza.  I will definitely be making and eating this again!

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Crust
1 C. Cooked Shredded Cauliflower (about 1/3 head of uncooked) (shredded by a grater or in a food blender)
1 C. Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1 Egg
1 t. Dried Oregano
1/2 t. Crushed Garlic
1/2 t. Garlic Salt

Toppings
Any veggies that you have lying around...just make sure they are pre-cooked before you put them on the pizza.
My pizza had....

1 Small Can Mushrooms
1/2 C. Fresh Spinach...don't cook this one first...the 5 minutes in the oven will be plenty for the spinach
1 Small Onion-Sauteed in a pan on the oven until transparent white (you will want to add some butter to sautee onions)
8 Small Olives sliced
1/3 Avocado Cubed
1/4 C. Low Fat Plain Yogurt (for the sauce)
1/4 t. Dried Oregano
1/4 t. Dried Basil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.


Shred the Cauliflower via food processor or cheese grater and cook in microwave safe bowl for about 5-8 minutes or until tender.  (you do not need to add water to the cauliflower...there is enough in the vegetable already).

Add cheese and egg.

Stir until thoroughly mixed.


Spread crust mix out on greased cookie sheet to a 9 inch circle.

Place in preheated oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until outside edges are brown.


While the crust is cooking in the oven, prepare your toppings...chop veggies, sautee...just make sure your toppings are cooked or you will be eating your veggies raw on your pizza...well, I mean, if you want raw veggies on your pizza, go for it...there is nothing wrong with that!



Once the crust is done, remove from oven, and top with your sauce and favorite toppings.



Place back in oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is browned or your toppings are heated.



Remove and enjoy and guilt free pizza!

 





I mean, this pizza has got to be good...this guy was begging throughout the whole thing (granted he is a bit weird and most likely prefers carrots and tomatoes over meat...but I guess I raised him rights)


Inspiration courtesy of http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

2 comments:

  1. woah this looks wicked good. love the addition of palta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know me and palta...We have a love hate relationship! (I still get a little nervous every time I go to cut up one :P )

    ReplyDelete