Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vegan and Gluten free Brownie Pancakes


A challenge arose the other day...one of my lovely co-workers is gluten and dairy free, and pregnant, so obviously hungry, so I needed to come up with something delicious and good for her.  After searching for a while I stumbled upon these amazing brownie pancakes.  Besides, who can go wrong with chocolate!? These pancakes were delicious and it took so much will power to not eat the whole batch before I brought them to her  at work!

Brownie Pancakes

  • 1/4 C. + 1 1/2 T Flour of your choice (I obviously used gluten free flour in the ones I baked, but if you are not gluten free, there is no need to spend extra money on that flour)
  • 1/4 t. baking powder
  • 1 T. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 T. + 1 t. Sugar (the original recipe called for 1 1/2 packets Stevia or another artificial sweetener, but I like to stay away from all that)
  • Pinch of Salt (optional)
  • 1 1/2 T. Unsweetened Applesauce (I ended up using the same quantity of oil because I ran out of applesauce and had no time to make an emergency store run...obviously the pancakes were not as healthy, but...)
  • 1 t. Vanilla extract
  • 5 1/2 T. non-dairy milk of your choice (or milk if you don't need to go dairy free or vegan...though eliminating a bit of animal products from your diet every so often can be beneficial to your health, so what better way than in some already delicious pancakes where you will not taste the difference!)

  1. Thoroughly mix all the dry ingredients.
  2. Add the wet ingredients and stir well.
  3. Heat skillet to just a notch below medium.
  4. Cook pancakes!
  5. Remove and enjoy plain, with caramel, or your favorite toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment