Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chickpea Curry


It has been a while since I actually made this chickpea curry, so the ridiculous stories to accompany this dish are either very fuzzy or now non-existent.  Even though that may be the case, I do remember that it was absolutely amazing and delicious and I wish that I had more at this moment!

Chickpea Curry


1 T. Vegetable Oil
2 Onions Chopped
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 t. Ground Ginger
3 Cloves Minced
1 t. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 t. Mustard Seed
1/2 t. Ground Cumin
1/2 t. Cilantro
Salt to taste
1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 t. Turmeric
1 C. Canned Tomatoes (or fresh if you have them on hand)
1 Can (15 oz. ) Chickpeas, including liquid


Heat oil in a pot.  Sautee onions until transparent on medium heat.


Stir in garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, mustard seed, cumin, cilantro, salt, cayenne pepper, and tumeric and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.


Stir in canned tomatoes and chickpeas including the liquid.  Cook until thoroughly heated and the chickpeas have absorbed some of the flavor of the spices.  (5-10 minutes)


Serve with fresh bread.  I used my fresh Quick and Easy Whole Wheat Bread.  Mmmmm....delicious!

Inspiration courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chickpea-curry/ and http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/easy-chickpea-curry.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment