Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Celebration Carrot Cake



The GRE is done with a score that I am quite happy with, so I can now spend some more of my free time cooking instead of trying to remember high school math and random big words!  And what better way to resume than with a carrot cake to celebrate my mom being cancer free for 16 years!!!!  I of course had to make it healthier than even the healthier version...not as sweet as a normal one, but still delicious (and due to less sweetness, you can always layer on some icing to increase the sweetness!)

Fills a pie pan, so serves 6-8

Celebration Carrot Cake

Little Less than 1/2 C. Sugar
1/3 C. Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
1/3 C. Orange Juice Concentrate (I actually used 5 T. Lemon Juice and 5 T. Water...no Concentrate in my house at the time)
2 Eggs
1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 t. Ground Allspie
1/4 t. Baking Soda
1/8 t. Salt
1 C. Grated Carrots
1/4 C. Raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Combine all ingredients.


Pour into a pie pan or 8 inch square baking dish coated with non-stick spray.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.



Let cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar or coat with ice as you see fit.

(and then I proceeded to go overboard with the icing!)

Cut a slice and enjoy while being thankful for the lives around you!

Inspiration courtesy of: The taste of home COOKBOOK p. 613

No comments:

Post a Comment