Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Quick and Easy Whole Wheat Bread


Have I mentioned I love bread!  Perhaps one of my favorite foods outside of watermelon...It is so versatile, and so many flavors and ingredients can be added to make it match any meal.  This bread is super quick and easy, and loaded full of whole grains.  What more could you ask for?!?!  I wanted to make a simply fresh bread for the Chickpea Curry that is to follow.

Makes 1 small loaf (6-8 slices)

Quick and Easy Whole Wheat Bread

1 C. Minute Oats
1 C. Whole Wheat Flour
2 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt
1 1/2 T. Honey
1 T. Vegetable Oil
1 C. Nonfat Milk


Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.

Add all dry ingredients (Oats, Flour, Baking Soda and Salt)

Stir and mix well.


In a separate bowl, mix milk, honey and oil.  Add to dry mixture and stir thoroughly.

Pour into a well greased bread pan.

Bake at 450 Degrees F for 20 minutes.



Enjoy fresh out of the oven.

I paired this bread with the chickpea curry, but it would go well with honey for a quick breakfast.

Inspiration courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-whole-wheat-quick-bread/

No comments:

Post a Comment