Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Egg in a Bell Pepper Basket


I am still and always trying to add more vegetables to what I eat.  And what better way that with a bell pepper that was on sale at Sunflower Market for $ 0.49 in Colorado in the middle of winter.  I tend to get nostalgic for my summer vegetables during the winter in Colorado especially on incredibly snowy days.  A prime example being today.  It was 60 degrees yesterday though very windy...this morning when I walked out to go to work at 4:20 am (yes, I work at Starbucks, and yes, all you coffee addicts, I get up this early so you can get your fix), it was slightly bizzarding and I had decided to wear capris...my reaction "oh hello snow, where did you come from."  On the drive to work, it was so windy and snowy, my poor little Geo had its own little snow storm inside just for me.  :P  In the first 2 1/2 hours at work it snowed 3-4 inches!  It was wonderful.  Though welcome to Colorado, it is sadly mostly gone now.

Anyway, even with the snow, I was in a mood to eat some fresh veggies while getting a good amount of protein. Hence...Egg in a Bell Pepper Basket.   If carbs are needed, which I did add in the end (though I forgot to take a picture of it), a slice of toasted bread is perfect to add to the combo.

Egg in a Bell Pepper Basket

1/4" slice of a red, yellow or green pepper
1 Egg
1 or more slices of Toasted Bread
Butter to coat the bottom of the frying pay
Salt and Pepper to taste (or other spices as you see fit such as basil or cilantro)


In a preheated frying pan, melt butter. Add slice of bell pepper and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.


Add egg to center of Bell Pepper.  Cook for 2-3 minutes or until it is easy to flip.


Cook the Egg and Bell Pepper until the yolk reaches your desired consistency.  (Usually another 1-3 minutes)


Remove from pan and serve with toasted bread if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment