Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Cranberry, Blueberry, Raisin and Almond Oatmeal


Post Thanksgiving, I have had an overabundance of fresh cranberries, and one can only eat just so much cranberry sauce.  Hence the need to add them to as many dishes as I can, including some delicious oatmeal.

  Serves 1-2

     Side note...If you know me at all, I tend to eat a lot, so what can sometimes serve 2, is usually enough for me (slight justification for the quantities that I eat...I run, rock climb, do yoga and work at Starbucks, which is a workout in itself).  This recipe was a perfect quantity for me, so if you don't eat as much as me all the time, just slightly reduce the quantities of each ingredient or save a little for dessert for later that night!

Cranberry, Blueberry, Raisin, Almond Oatmeal


  • 1 1/2 C. water
  • 1 handful fresh cranberries-less if you are not a fan of tartness
  • 1 small handful of blueberries-I used frozen
  • 2 T. raisins-I used golden raisins, they tend to not be as dry
  • 1 T. slivered almonds or any other nut that you like
  • 1 T. sugar or sweetener of your choice (vary the quantity depending on how sweet you like your oatmeal, and how much you like tart cranberries...I don't like a lot of sugar and I love tart cranberries)
  • 1 t. Apple Pie Spice

Add 1 1/2 C water and handful of cranberries to a pot.  Heat on high and bring to a boil.

Boil for 2-3 minutes or until all cranberries have popped.

While water and cranberries are still boiling add blueberries, raisins, almonds, sugar, and Apple Pie Spice.

Bring back to a boil.


Add oatmeal and stir.

Reduce heat and cook until desired consistency of oatmeal has been achieved.



Pour into a bowl and enjoy!
     p.s. Best enjoyed with a mug of Celestial Seasoning's True Blueberry Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment