Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies




I absolutely love pumpkin!  I will eat just about anything that has pumpkin in it, especially these wonderfully delicious and good for you pumpkin cookies.  (Hey, go look up the nutritional value of pumpkin if you don't believe me).  These cookies have no added fat (well, minus the chocolate), decreased amount of sugar, whole wheat and of course the good for you pumpkin.
About 30 Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 C. Whole Wheat Flour (I replaced about 1/4 C. of flax seed for the whole wheat flour)
1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Baking Soda
1/2 t. Salt
2 t. Cinnamon
1/2 t. Ginger
1/4 t. Nutmeg
1/4 t. Ground Cloves
2 Eggs
3/4 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
1 C. Canned Pumpkin
1 t. Vanilla
1 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Grease cookie sheet.

Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well. (I have never been a fan of separating wet ingredients from dry ingredients...my food still comes out delicious without doing this, and it saves me from messing up another bowl)


Spoon about a 1/4 C of batter onto greased cookie sheet.  Space about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.

Cook cookies for about 12-14 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Enjoy your delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
     p.s. let cookies cool 5 minutes before eating if you don't want to risk burning your mouth

Inspiration from: http://www.sporkorfoon.com/spork_or_a_foon/2009/09/the-softest-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies-in-the-history-of-the-world.html

No comments:

Post a Comment