Welcome

Here you will find delicious, usually healthy and always vegetarian goodies fresh from my kitchen. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sugar Cookie in a Mug


Let me start off, tea is probably one of my favorite things, so many flavors, so little time.  So, when I came across Sugar Cookie tea from Celestial Seasonings, I could not resist the temptation to buy it, especially since it is sugar cookie season.

The other day, I then I came across a recipe for a Sugar Cookie Smoothie made from the same tea.  Being that it is winter in Colorado right now, I decided to alter the recipe to make the beverage hot to fit the cooler temps and expected snowfall that I am feeling right now.

A forewarning, the oats, while adding fiber and protein to your delicious beverage, do add a slightly weird texture to it, even after blending.  If you don't want some oat 'chunks', omit the oats and perhaps add more protein powder instead.  I think next time, I will ditch the oats and add more protein powder.

Sugar Cookie in a Mug


  • 2 Sugar Cookie tea bags
  • 1 c. skim milk
  • 1 scoop protein powder of your choice
  • 2 T. oats
  • 1/2 generous t. vanilla
  • sugar, stevia or sweetener of your choice to taste


Heat milk to almost boiling and add tea bags.  Let steep as long as desired, heating periodically to keep warm and continue to pull out all the wonderful flavor of the tea bags.

When the tea is fully steeped to your liking, add the protein powder, oats, vanilla and sweetener into a blender or your mug if you have a submersion blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy.

Pour into your favorite mug and reheat if desired.

Top with cinnamon and enjoy your beverage with your favorite book, movie or just relaxing by the fireplace.




Enjoy your Sugar Cookie in a Mug and feel much fuller and perhaps less guilty!


No comments:

Post a Comment